I've started putting together the next version of the rulebook (v 3.2). The new rules have mostly been finished, but reorganization, editing, and layout will take the bulk of the time.
I'm aiming to have the new rulebook out by May 7th.
This is an overview of the planned updates:
1. A new character class "Virtual Artist" will replace the Hacker. This will come with clearer and more defined rules for how the Feed works. The Hack action will also be reworked so it is useful to a wider range of characters and actions. I'm still deciding on the final name for the new action.
2. "Attitude" abilities will be made available for all characters. In the current edition, "Attitude" is a hacker specialization. In the new edition, every character can gain 1 attitude ability, from a total of 12 possible attitude abilities. Each ability offers a bonus or advantage, but risks increased conflict or complications.
3. "Devil's Deal" will be renamed "Sell Out", so the mechanic is not confused with Blades' "Devil's Bargain" mechanic, and the purpose of the mechanic is more clear (i.e. give into corruption, gain bonus dice). With that change, characters will be able to bank up to 2 sell out points. This way, if you act in a corrupt way you don't have to use the bonus die immediately. Hopefully this will keep the narrative feeling more natural (vs. I do this super-corrupt thing in the moment just to get a die, even if it doesn't really make sense). If I see players running into the "hoard bonus dice" trap, I'll reconsider being able to bank sell out points.
4. Add quick start tools. This will include a few summary pages with the core rules to give to players/use for quick reference. It will also include 3 example worlds from playtesting groups, so people can use a pre-developed world and skip world creation if they want.
5. Improve organization for the rulebook. I'm going to reconsider the types of chapters, order of chapters, and organization within chapters to improve the reading/learning experience.
6. Improve clarity, editing, and update with the errata from playtesting.
Possible updates, depending on time:
Depending on how long all of this takes, I may add more edits or content, but I want to keep to the May 7th deadline to keep myself focused.