"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety nine percent perspiration." -- Thomas Alva Edison
This past week has seen significant progress, but it's the "great behind the scenes not interesting for users type." A friend reminded me of the scrum approach to projects. While I didn't adapt it 100% for this project, I did spend some time defining the game pieces, organizing my timeline, and committed myself to working on small piece-by-piece in line with my timeline, instead of jumping all around.
So as of this point I have finished all design work on v3.0. What does that mean exactly? I've separated game concepts into two general bins: necessary for v3.0 launch, and can be added as supplemental sections later.
Every part of the rules I decided is required for the initial release of v3.0 is now defined. There will be no more experimenting or tweaking until after I get this out and get playtesting feedback.
What remains? I have written the text for ~64% of the v3.0 rulebook. Those sections need layout and copyediting. The remaining 36% is all planned out in diagrams and text scraps, but needs to be translated into chapters, then laid out and copy edited.
What made it into version 3.0?
Overview of the game
Characters, Teams, and Faction edits
Everything needed to run missions and downtime, including a crafting system to help make individual characters more unique
Player's best practices
GM best practices
What will be added as later supplements?
(No August week 4 update planned, since I will be traveling for work).
Update log on everything related to casskDESIGNS